We are hiring
DIGITAL EVENT COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
If you are an Event and Communications Specialist looking for a fast-paced and purposeful role, this opportunity is for you. Work in a growing Melbourne-based events agency, delivering engaging and tech savvy events and communication strategies across a diverse portfolio of events and clients.
With a passion for events, this role has a strong communications focus – you will be developing plans and copy for internal marketing, promotions, publications, newsletters and various social media and online channels. You will also be responsible for setting up and using existing and new event technologies, to deliver innovative and engaging event experiences.
Your work will extend to a key not-for-profit client (a rare disease charity group very close to our heart), where you will coordinate and support their digital communications needs. This responsibility will include working onsite each week at their Eastern Suburbs office, helping to deliver meaningful digital marketing campaigns and regular communications.
With great flexibility in hours and work location, our agency’s office is in leafy Burnley, on the outskirts of Melbourne CBD, walking distance to Burnley station. Flexible work from home options are negotiable, and occasional interstate travel may be required.
You will have at least 3 years experience in similar event communication roles. Experience in not-for-profit organisations would also be highly regarded.
With flexibility, comes a crucial need to multi-task and manage in a deadline driven environment. You have strong attention to detail, a thorough understanding of digital technologies and a successful communications style and project delivery methodology.
Work with the events team to:
- Develop a strategy and plan for the communications, marketing, ticket campaign, brand identity, sponsorship and onsite experiences for each event.
- Deliver online event ticketing, CRM & website portals, and manage ongoing content needs.
- Produce and coordinate engaging EDM’s and social media event content for all channels.
- Produce and coordinate content for mainstream event communication channels (ie. Newsletters, brochures, programs, delegate kits).
- Provide proactive leadership, expertise and advice on engaging event and digital technology trends and how/where to incorporate into events.
- Collaborate with outside agencies, designers and technology partners as needed.
Onsite Event Support
For selected key events (Interstate or Melbourne based):
- Coordinate digital event presentation and multimedia content and provide onsite show management.
- Coordinate onsite delegate communications experience and digital media engagement.
General Business Communications
For events agency and not for profit charity client:
- Manage digital content strategy and online channels.
- Consistently maintain, update and monitor public facing social media accounts.
- Provide copyright and editing support for general business communications, client proposals, grant applications, case studies and other general communications.
- Degree in Communications or Marketing or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years experience in delivering successful event communications.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing strategies to utilise digital and social media (ie. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube) as effective communication tools to achieve organisational and event goals.
- High level verbal and written communication with demonstrated ability in grammar and language.
- An exceptional ability to engage and communicate to groups of people, tailoring communication to suit a specific target group or age range.
- Demonstrated skills in Copywriting, Proofreading and Editing: All Digital Channels, Internal and External Communications.
- Excellent technical understanding of MS Office, Email Marketing and HTML knowledge for production of EDM’s and Website CMS administration (Mailchimp and WordPress preferred).
- Strong understanding of all social media platforms and digital marketing tools.
- Knowledge and experience with events management software (EventsAIR and/or Cvent preferred).
- Highly organised and attentive to detail.
- Passion to work in a fast-paced work environment with flexibility and reliability to work with unpredictable deadlines and schedules.
- Ability to work out of hours and travel interstate for events on occasion.
- A social and empathetic person that will truly care about and relate to our audiences and causes.
- Team-oriented and collaborative, with the ability to foster relationships with internal and external colleagues and stakeholders.
- Part time role with the potential to become full time
- Part time (Flexible 25+ hrs p/week)
- Flexible work days & work hours (across min 4 days p/week)
- Flexible work location (Burney office location with flexi work from home neg.)
- One day p/week onsite at Not for Profit/Charity client in Croydon
- Must have Permanent Australian Residency
- Must be Melbourne based and hold current drivers license